image

image

Friday, April 11, 2014

Stepping Outside the Box for 42!

I hope everyone is enjoying some sun! I know we are here in MD. I've been working on the porch to soak up all the rays I can. Sorry I haven't written in a bit. It's been busy around here. I can't believe it is almost mid April, which means my birthday is 6 days away! I will be 42, how is that possible? No worries though you won't hear me complaining about my age. In fact I look forward to becoming older, I want to be a seasoned woman LOL! No really though every year is a blessing and I find myself thanking God every day for my health and for just being able to experience life. So what's happening on the cusp of my 42nd year? Well, I'm stepping out of the box... trying new things, exploring new relationships, and not doubting myself.

So, let's start with exploring new relationships. You know I never talk about dating or guys, yeah, I know I just don't, because I really never meet anyone and I'm not that interested in dating. But, ok I'll share... I met someone. When our trip got cancelled to San Francisco I met a really nice guy at the hotel we were stuck at that night. He lives in another state, so we've just been texting and talking, but I like him. I'll just leave it at this...I'm open to the possibility. That's a good step right?

New things! I love crafting which is something I found out about myself a couple years ago. I also obviously love words, so I created some cards that I'm going to attempt to sell. I love combining the creativity and the words together, it is very cathartic. Take a look and tell me what you think and if you are interested in them please let me know! Who knows what will happen with this but why not try right?








Also, I really enjoy doing my broadcasts. You may have heard a couple of them, one was, "Why Bringing Your Kid to Church Matters," and "The Single Mom Survival Tips." I like to talk! So, I'm going to try to do a few a week. I would love to do them every morning, but we'll see if I can be disciplined enough to do get up! So look for more of those broadcasts.

Lastly, I'm going to be more willing to take risks and put myself out there even if I fall on my face. A very sweet friend of mine from church asked me to fill in for her during our Ladies Bible Study class. At first I was going to write her back when I got the request and say are you crazy? LOL but then I prayed about it and I thought about how God gives us opportunities and maybe this was an opportunity to learn something about myself and to explore something I never tried. There is a dvd for 30 minutes so I don't have to much time to fill in, but I'm really enjoying preparing and sharing with my fellow sisters in Christ.

So 42 I'm ready for you! I'm going for it! I'm going to try new things, be vulnerable, maybe succeed, maybe fall on my face and enjoy the journey! Hope you guys follow along :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Chere! I hope I am able to have that upbeat attitude for my 49th-it gets scary thinking of almost 50, divorced and huh I wish someone in my life-fill us in! I really like that you are trying new things-your cards are beautiful! Lifecan be so scary but I guess embracing what God hands to us. Hugs :)!