image

image

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Quick Piece of Scriptural Parenting Advice

For some reason unknown to me I woke up today at 5 am. So instead of wrestling with going back to sleep I thought I'd get some bible time in. While reading 2 Timothy I came across this verse that spoke so clearly to me as instruction on parenting, although Paul is writing to Timothy about teaching the gospel. I thought I'd share:

2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction."

I find great comfort when reading the scriptures how I can relate it to my every day life and make it applicable. This verse is a reminder to me to continue to teach my daughter and give her a spiritual  foundation and to be  as instrumental as I can in helping her to learn the word and not ceasing to learn it myself. As a parent this is my responsibility as it is also vital to correct, discipline and instruct her but with patience which can be challenge with little people :) if you know what I mean.  But, just as God has been patient with me as I learn and try to obey his instruction I must be willing to give that same compassion and grace to my daughter  in all her seasons the easy and difficult ones.

Well, I'm starting my day blessed by this time  spent reading the scriptures and I pray that all of you have a beautiful day and that God shows himself to you in only the way he can!

3 comments:

Setyo-Utomo Said said...

Love your inspiring blog :)

http://agro-turisme-fishpond.blogspot.com

Tennisha Brown said...

You really inspire and encourage me! I am a single mom to a beautiful and active 12 month old. The past year has been amazing, filled with so much joy & challenge! Your blog encourages me that this single mommyhood journey is possible with Christ & that it can also be filled with so much joy! Thanks for all you do and all you are to your daughter!

Chere Williams said...

Hi, Thank you all so much for your comments! They mean a lot to me and I'm glad you are enjoying the posts! Tennisha I agree it is challenging but it is the most rewarding gift isn't it :) Thank you again!!! Much love to you and your sweet girl!